A-Z of English Grammar and Usage
Издательство: Pearson (Longman) ELT
Автор: Benita Cruickshank, Geoffrey Leech, Roz Ivanic
Год выпуска: 2001
Наличие: В наличии
In this completely new and thoroughly revised edition of An A-Z of English Grammar & Usage - an established favourite among teachers - Geoffrey Leech and his colleagues provide teachers and learners of English with a unique, up-to-date reference grammar.
- Truly accessible, easy-to-use, dictionary-like format.
- Comprehensive coverage of English grammar in over 600 fully cross-referenced entries.
- common grammatical key words, such as more, what, do, by, unless, can.
- main terms for talking about grammar, meaning, and usage, such as indirect object, pronoun, tag question.
- extra language areas and communicative help, such as greetings, introductions, punctuation, letter writing, e-mails.
- Simple and clear explanations, supported by real-life examples, diagrams, and entertaining new illustrations.
- Helpful notes on style, intonation, and British and American usage.